Friday, September 19, 2008

Dear Brown Abbey,
This month, "Big Kim" is our guest Brown Abbey!




Dear Brown Abbey:


What do think about online dating? I've been trying for a while with some luck but not a lot. Sometimes I feel like it's a waste of time, but don't want to give up hope because I have friends who've had great dates and even gotten married!


Signed,


Desperately Seeking an Online Romance


Ooh girl, online dating! Well first of all you have to be extremely careful because you never know what you're gonna get! If you think men lie in person, you ain't seen nothing yet. My basic rules for meeting people online is: “Add/Subtract”! Let me give you some examples: he says, “I'm six feet tall”, subtract 4 inches. He says, “I'm 32”, add 4 years. He says, “I weigh 180”, add 30! You get the idea.

Now that you have the physical covered, you have to worry about if he is a serial killer, axe murderer, scam artist, child, prisoner, etc. Do you really need to go through all that? Yes online dating can and has worked for thousands of people, but there are just as many horror stories. I find that men are chasing women constantly, at the office, on the street, in bars, restaurants you name it. Us girls have it made because the man will do all the work. You've just got to sit back and decide which one's you like.

So basically what it boils down to is if you must, yes go for it but as a woman you can attract men just by being a woman! You don't have to roll the dice on the computer. Just put on your cutest outfit and add a huge dose of self-confidence and the men will do the rest. It works for me and you know I'm just faking it!

No comments: