Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm A Woman

In 1963, Peggy Lee let the world know why she was a woman with her song, "I'm A Woman". The Brown Betties of Harlem's Night Cabaret offer a little somethin' somethin' on what she feels makes her a woman today.


Danielle Lewis (plays "WANT"):

I know who I am. I know what I want and I know how to get it. I have a mind of my own- ask me what's on it and I'll tell you. I know the power of a woman and I know how to use it in all its glory. I know when to give and how to recieve. I live by the saying "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission". Life waits on no one, and neither do I.




Christy Gamble (plays "LOVE")
I’m thorough;
I can get everything well done in one day’s time and still come home and just listen...







Keena Ferguson (plays "HATE")

...It's a matter of taking that moment where you don't feel so great and trying to make the best out of it and deciding to be happy and positive instead of focusing on all those other things that you want to still happen...






Peppur Chambers (plays "NEED"/"HARLEM")



I know I feel most like a woman when
I've fully tapped into my power.

No comments: