Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In My Solitude

I understand
By Cecilie Davis Carter



In my solitude, I understand that it’s not easy in the world right now. I realize that people are losing their homes. I know that money is tight and every month it’s a mystery how the mortgage will be paid. I get how it would be easy to fall into a sorrow-filled river and wonder when you will set your feet on dry land again. Trust me, I understand. But what I don’t understand is how easy it is for us to focus on what we don’t have versus cultivating what we do. We may not have the same financial security that we had this time last year, but we still have friends and family. We may not be able to take a vacation this year, but we have our health. We may not have the career we want, but Faith is free, and if you don’t have that I suggest you start looking for it ASAP. In my solitude, I remind myself that we must remember that the true feelings of love, joy and happiness come from the inside. Once that’s attained, everything else will follow suit. God will never give us more than we can handle. We will all get through this. Let’s just remember what’s REALLY important. And that is: To Rejoice.




Be well.

No comments: